Hologic, the global leader in women’s health, acquired Acessa Health in 2020 marking an exciting milestone that enabled us to further champion women’s well-being by increasing access to the Acessa Laparoscopic Radiofrequency Ablation procedure for female patients nationwide. With the Acessa procedure now part of the Hologic portfolio of solutions, 2021 has allowed us to experience meaningful advancements, allowing us to provide a safe and effective minimally invasive solution to more women suffering from symptomatic uterine fibroids.
- In June, ACOG published an update to Practice Bulletin #228, Management of Symptomatic Uterine Leiomyomas, incorporating guidance supporting radiofrequency ablation, including Lap RFA as a minimally invasive treatment option for the management of symptomatic leiomyomas. This was the first time in 13 years the bulletin had been updated and established the Acessa procedure as a standard of care for minimally invasive treatment options.
- Over the past twelve months, major payers have updated their policies to include Lap RFA as a medically necessary solution to symptomatic uterine fibroids, growing by 55.3 million. The addition of payers like Anthem, Cigna, and Humana have gone a long way in removing barriers to evidence-based, minimally invasive treatment options. These updates resulted in more than 158M insured people to date.
- Hologic partnered with Pria Healthcare to drive patient access to the Acessa procedure. Over the course of 8 months, Hologic and Pria’s partnership led to 1000 patient insurance approvals for Acessa.
- Between January and December, over 100 surgeons completed training for the Acessa procedure across the nation, and are now counseling their patients on this important treatment option.
- As in-person events increased across the country, Acessa made it’s debut as a part of the Hologic portfolio at AAGL in Austin, TX, where inventor Dr. Bruce Lee and Dr. Soyini Hawkins shared their experiences with Acessa Lap RFA and how it has impacted the lives of their patients.
As we close out the year, we reflect with gratitude on the opportunity to work closely with our customers to provide women access to all their treatment options for uterine fibroids. We thank you for your partnership and commitment to provide safe and effective options, including the Acessa procedure, to your patients. We look forward to an even more exciting 2022!