We are thrilled to introduce the new NovaSure® V5 device, the most trusted endometrial ablation procedure, now with new, innovative features.1 Backed by 20 years of demonstrated clinical performance, and with over 3 million patients treated, the new NovaSure V5 global endometrial ablation (GEA) is adapted to grant physicians’ confidence in performing endometrial ablation to treat abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) in all sites of service. At Hologic, we are committed to providing innovative and impactful care by constantly improving our products.
The cervical seal featuring EndoForm™ technology was uniquely designed with multi-ringed silicone bands that are tapered for internal cervical sealing2 and contour to a broad range of cervical canals and anatomical variability.3,4
AccuSheath™ markings have been designed to improve the accuracy and assurance of seating and fundal placement5, while Hologic’s unique SureClear™ fluid removal system provides integrated suction through the array by constant tissue contact while simultaneously suctioning and filtering ablation by-product.6
“I have used NovaSure for 20 years and consider it the gold standard in treatment for patients with menstrual disorders. I didn’t think there was room for improvement; however, the V5 updated cervical seal feature has exceeded my expectations, says Dr. Kelli Miller, MD, the first physician to perform the NovaSure procedure with the new V5 device. “The markings added to the sheath correspond with the uterine sound measurement, further reassuring me of accurate placement. Ultimately, every woman has unique anatomy, and the cervical seal contours to a range of cervical canals, providing an advanced treatment option. Best of all, the V5 does not require a steep learning curve, allowing the improvements to be even more appreciated by the physician.”
Learn more about the updates to the NovaSure V5 device and find additional resources on the management and physiology of AUB here:
- U.S Market Report Suite for Gynecological Devices. iData Research Inc., 2020.
- NovaSure V5 cervical seal drawing, FAB-18821
- Baggish, M.S., Karram, M/M., Atlas of Pelvic Anatomy and Gynecologic Surgery. 4th Elsevier 2016. ISBN: 978-0323225526. Chapter 44, Page 493.
- Luo, J. et al. Quantitative analyses of variability in normal vaginal shape and dimension on MR images. Int. Urogynecol (2016) 27:1087-1095
- NovaSure V5 Design Verification Results, VER-10513
- NovaSure V5 Instructions for Use, MAN-07653-001