Visually Directed. Visually Confirmed.
The MyoSure LITE device can remove small polyps up to 3 cm, and you can also trust that the quantity and quality of the tissue collection will allow for histologic assessment. With the 6.25 mm diameter of the MyoSure hysteroscope, minimal dilation is required during a MyoSure LITE procedure.
With the MyoSure LITE device you can:
- Visualize the uterine cavity with the MyoSure hysteroscope.
- Identify and remove suspect pathology for histological assessment.
- Resect smaller and softer tissue.
- Complete the procedure efficiently—without removing the hysteroscope.
With patients, it becomes more important to get a complete and quality tissue collection. In fact, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists (ACOG) recommended that:
“If a surgical approach is favored, D&C with hysteroscopic guidance is recommended over D&C alone because it has higher accuracy and superior diagnostic yield.” 1†
†ACOG recommends hysteroscopic guidance in general for endometrial sampling; they do not recommend a specific brand.
The MyoSure LITE device lets you visualize the entire uterine cavity to get a quality tissue specimen.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Practice bulletin no. 149: endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol. 2015;125(4):1006-1026.
- Barcia S, DiSciullo A, Rosenblatt P. Improved adequacy of endometrial tissue sampled from postmenopausal women using the MyoSure Lite hysteroscopic tissue removal system versus conventional curettage. Int J Women's Health. 2017; 2017(9):789-794.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
The MyoSure® tissue removal system, consisting of the MyoSure tissue removal devices (LITE, REACH, XL) and MyoSure controller, is intended for hysteroscopic intrauterine procedures by trained gynecologists to resect and remove tissue including submucous myomas, endometrial polyps, and retained products of conception. The MyoSure MANUAL hysteroscopic tissue removal device is intended for intrauterine use by a trained gynecologist to hysteroscopically resect and remove tissue, including focal lesions such as endometrial polyps and retained products of conception. MyoSure products are not appropriate for patients who are or may be pregnant, or are exhibiting pelvic infection, cervical malignancies, or previously diagnosed uterine cancer.
For more details on risks and benefits of the MyoSure system, MyoSure MANUAL tissue removal device, MyoSure hysteroscope and the Aquilex® fluid control system, please consult their respective IFUs.